Thursday 1 November 2012

Really, really important things...

That's half an hour of very important tinkering done. I decided that having an autumn feel to the blog was far more important than starting 'Treasure Island'. Actually, I have done some OU work this morning - I read some of the study guide over breakfast. That directed me to a chapter in a course book, which pointed me to 'Treasure Island', so there I stopped. To clarify, and so it doesn't look as though I'm totally lazy, I have read the book once, during the summer holidays (and enjoyed it hugely) and I will get my assignment done in time, I promise. I've often panicked, but never submitted my work with just two minutes to go before the cut-off time. It's been at least half an hour. If I was going to be very procrastinational (??) I could watch the four-hour Sky version of 'Treasure Island' and pretend it's helping me study. Shame I haven't got the Muppet film...

Things have gone downhill with the cats. One surprised the other, chased it through the house, and they ended up fighting on sleeping Son-Number-One, who was not happy. It wasn't lunchtime, and he had at least three hours of sleeping still to do. The cats are now banished to separate rooms and sulking, while Son-Number-One is moaning about the lack of antiseptic wipes. Come on, a few scars on the chest could be attractive to the girlfriend, stop complaining. At least you didn't get peed on. 




Well, it's twenty-past coffee time, so time to go. Then I'll do some work. I have started my assignment, by the way; I've underlined all the important bits in the guidance notes, and typed the title out. I've checked my word count, and that's thirteen words already.


No comments:

Post a Comment