Saturday 3 November 2012

I Know, I Know...

You'll have realised that the autumn theme has been and gone. That bright orange was making me feel sick, although that may have been all the left-over Halloween sweets I've been eating. I'd bought so much and we only had four callers. Probably because I was sitting in the dark, hoping they'd all go next-door instead. We used to 'do' Halloween, when my children were younger and I was less grumpy, but now I just sigh heavily every time the doorbell goes. Plus, this year, we're playing 'Musical Cats' every day. One cat in the kitchen, one has the run of the house. Merlin can't go outside yet, so there are regular screams of, 'The cat's coming! Shut the ******* door!' If Georgie wants to go out, Merlin has to be distracted, or blood is spilt. So every time someone visits, they're probably mystified by muffled shrieks and slammings of doors, especially as Merlin is determined to get out one way or another.

I have actually done some OU work this weekend. Really, real work. I've got a sort of idea for my next Creative Writing assignment (2200 words of fiction), too. I'll need to check our old school log books on Monday, as I know there was a time in the early 1900s when it was closed during a scarlet fever outbreak, and I need to kill off a character. I'm all heart. 

Anyway, I'm off before the children find the sweet stash...

No comments:

Post a Comment