Monday 12 November 2012

Perks of the season.

Lots of people are complaining about the cold weather, but I love this time of year. I like coming in from work, closing the curtains and shutting the world out. My cotton skirts can stay in the ironing pile for another few months, and I can dig out the cosy jumpers from the back of the wardrobe. All of those thick layers do wonders for hiding my waistline, so bring on the biscuits! Actually, an extra layer of insulation helps during those freezing break times on the playground, so I'll have a hot chocolate too, thank you. There's a nice amount of rubbish on the tv, so I can waste the time I should be studying by watching 'I'm a Celebrity,' or 'Strictly Come Dancing.' So sad, I know...


Oh, if I must...

And then there's Christmas shopping to be done. Well, thought about, anyway. We picked our 'Secret Santas' today. Everyone's name is put in a bag, and whoever's you pick out, you buy a present for. On my first go, I picked my own name, but very stupidly put it back. I could have bought something amazing, costing a vast amount of money, and made myself look valued and well-loved. Instead, I was pathetically honest and picked again; I can kind of imagine a present for this person, so I got off lightly. At least I didn't get one of the male teachers. Buying presents for men is a nightmare, in my opinion. Even choosing something for my husband is difficult. I'm sure he unwraps presents from me with a resigned sigh. The person I can always find something for is me. I wander round town with a budget and I return with a book (for me), some make up (me), a nice scarf (you've guessed it) and a pair of earrings (yes, yes...). I'm sure my husband gets suspicious at how presents bought doesn't equal presents given, but he'd never complain because he hates Christmas shopping and wouldn't want to be landed with it all himself. I just see it as a shopping bonus. 

I hear that it snowed in Somerset recently. We need some snow here - piles of it, so the playing field can be covered in snowmen, igloos and giant snowballs that don't melt until March. Bring it on...


No comments:

Post a Comment