Wednesday 31 October 2012

But I Don't Want to...

It's half term, and I promised myself I'd get up to date with my OU work. Which I will do. A bit later. Because it's only Tuesday.

It's Wednesday?? Already??

Hmm. Well, I'm up to speed with re-reading Little Women. Almost. I've got those nice little pointy post-its ready on the table, with a pencil beside them. I've checked the facebook group several times, and have chatted with several other procrastinators. Yes, I'm well aware I have to finish 'Little Women' and 'Treasure Island' by this time next week. And write about depictions of fatherhood. And plan my next Creative Writing assignment (although that's not due in until January, so that can hang fire for a month or so). I'm kidding myself that blogging is Creative Writing preparation. I was going to write 'practice', but can't remember if it's spelt with a 'c' or 's' in this case, and after my previous blog on grammar, I'll skip that bit. Sorry, I know I'm rambling, but I'm only on here because I've run out of lives on Bubble Shooter.


Seriously, I must get on with my work - it's only reading at the moment, and I love reading. Except it's work-reading, not relaxation-reading, which is very different. I have to write in books, for example, which has taken me 18 months of studying to get used to. I feel like I'm going to get shouted at every time I do it, and I can never re-read the books afterwards. I keep all my ex-study books on their own bookshelf, where they can be looked down upon by other, unsullied volumes, who think they're spoilt and slutty.  

Umm...What else can I write about? Oh yes, the cats are kind of getting on. I've not had to wipe blood off the walls for a while, and they've stopped shouting and swearing at each other. They actually touched noses earlier today, without a claw in sight. The water-sprayer has been used a few times, but I have to be careful as the cats both like Son-Number-Two's bedroom to hide in, and that's full of electrical stuff (technical term, there). All of his money for the past few years has gone into guitar bits, and things with lots of wires, so I don't think he'll be best pleased if I blow it all up. 'Sorry, dear, but the cats were fighting...'

I honestly can't think of anything else to write, for which I know you're deeply grateful, so I suppose I'll have to get back to 'Little Women'. I'll just make a quick coffee and steal some biscuits out of the cupboard while no-one's looking.

I have a suspicion there'll be quite a few blog entries this week...


No comments:

Post a Comment