Tuesday 30 October 2012

Chocolate Brownies

I never thought I'd say it, but I don't want to see a piece of chocolate ever again. Well, not for a week or so, anyway. We took the local Brownie pack for a weekend away, meeting other girls and doing various activities, all on a chocolate theme. Ugh...just the smell of chocolate now is enough to make my stomach churn.



Bleah....

I've been helping at Brownies for a couple of years now. I happened to be having a burst of enthusiastic energy at the time, which has long since disappeared; and so volunteered to do a course, give up various evenings and weekends, and wear the most excruciating uniform ever. Actually, scrub that last bit - it's not as bad as the Scout leaders have - at least I can wear jeans. Everything brightened up a bit when Ms Fab decided to join us, too. Mrs Say-It-As-You-Mean-It is in charge, and is pretty great. She tells us when she simply can't be bothered to do anything, which results in Ms Fab and I taking over and trying to corrupt young minds with things from this century. (We also helped the Brownies to make some truly revolting sweets for Mother's Day. Sorry to all mums who received them. Hope you didn't actually eat them...) 


 This badge should be banned...

Ms Fab and I are itching to drag our Brownies out of the 1950s. We want to do interesting and faintly dangerous things. The above badge will be involved: "Have you got a flint, steel, and a home skills badge to set fire to?"  Apparently, for this badge, you have to know how to lay the table, and understand washing and ironing instructions on clothes labels. Excuse my language, but bugger that! Now, I know that ironing is important; I did some a couple of months ago, but seriously?! A badge on housework?? Ms Fab and I are planning to focus on important life skills: how to order a good Chinese takeaway, buy a whole outfit for a fiver, and get a job that will pay you enough money to never do housework again...Suggestions welcome. None involving cookery though, please. Ms Fab and I need lessons on that ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment