Sunday 2 September 2012

Under Pressure

I have to admit, this has started as a "Sigh, do I have to?" thing. I study with the Open University, and in a brief moment of enthusiasm, signed up for a creative writing course. (Enthusiasm is something I do rather well, but it doesn't last. I go from "Hey, look at this! I must do it!" to "I'm so bored," in the space of a month. It's been an expensive habit, but more of that another time.)

I joined a facebook group for the writing course - I always join course groups, they're a great way of procrastinating away the days before an assignment's due - and it seems that everyone's blogging. I ignored the superior "I've only had three books published," blogs. I puzzled my way round the weird erotic poetry ones (You did what? And made it rhyme??). I've resisted blogging until now. My daughter phoned the other day (early 20's, lives in Cornwall), and told me she's started a blog. Not for the eyes of anyone she knows, though. (Oh God, what's she written about me??) So here I am, childishly not wanting to be outdone. 

I'm hoping it will improve as I go along. I may enlist the help of my colleague, the Grammar Nazi, if things get unreadable. 

Future posts (if I can remember my password) may introduce you to people I work with, including the, ahem, delightful children in the school. And then there's my family, who are great. No, really, they are. Although I do have an Uncle Colin....but I think we've all got one of those...

No comments:

Post a Comment