Friday 14 February 2014

...and breathe

I am in trouble because I've forgotten Valentine's Day, although it's not as bad as it could have been. This morning, The Husband asked if he could give me his Valentine's card this evening, as he hadn't written it yet. I think, after nearly 24 years of marriage, he can be fairly certain that I think fondly of him. 


Son Number One is making more of an effort. The girlfriend has been bought roses and taken out to dinner. The Husband has said to me, 'Shall we go into town tomorrow, and you can buy something for Valentine's Day?' 'Okay,' I replied, 'you can do the same.' Who said romance is dead? 

School-wise, it's the start of the half term holiday. I have promised not to do any work tomorrow. Sunday, I will try to get as much done as possible, and then I can hopefully fit in some writing, and actually get to read more than just a couple of pages of a book during the week. Ms Titian and I are going into school on Thursday morning to sort out a corridor display on the Five Pillars of Islam (or the Five Pillows, as one child insists on calling them, no matter how many times I correct her). 

Ms Fab, Mrs GSOH and I have to find time for coffee and cakes at a nearby eatery, too. I miss them both. I have hardly seen either of them this week, and I hate it. 

The final nail in the teaching coffin came today, when I was reading through some questionnaires the children have been filling in. Several of the children (and not just in my class) have put that I'm someone they can talk to if they have a problem or a worry. That means a huge amount to me, and gives me far more 'job satisfaction' than teaching fractions. A parent came in recently and thanked me for being someone her daughter can talk to about anything. I was floating for the rest of the day. I know when I'm well-off, and I don't need more than that. 

We are having a lot of storms here in the UK, although I know it's nothing compared to what some in America are facing. The Daughter's house in Cornwall is thankfully far enough away from the sea to be safe from the tides, but these photos show what's going on in that part of the country:




Stay safe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment